How many classes are on board RAK Airways aircraft and how many seats?
RAK Airways offers a business class and economy configurations, with a capacity of up to 8 and 160 passengers respectively.
Is food and beverage included in the ticket fare?
RAK Airways offers free hot meals onboard for all our passengers.
Can I purchase an open-ended RAK Airways ticket?
RAK Airways does not issue open-dated tickets. All sectors must be booked and paid for at the same time.
Does RAK Airways issue e-tickets ?
RAK Airways does not issue paper tickets. An electronic ticket or ‘e-ticket’, which is an electronic version of the paper ticket , will be generated after a payment has been made against the passenger’s booking.
Is a RAK Airways booking valid for travel on other airlines?
RAK Airways booking and tickets are non-endorsable to other airlines and can only be used exclusively on RAK Airways.
Does RAK Airways offer child discounts?
RAK Airways does offer child discounts.
Is there any medical equipment available onboard?
Yes We carry basic emergency medical equipment onboard, such as first aid kits, oxygen cylinders etc.
Will I be able to use my laptop or mobile phone onboard?
Using any electronic devices is not allowed onboard during take-off and landing. Laptops may be used at other times, however mobiles are prohibited at all times.
Can I smoke onboard?
Smoking is prohibited on any RAK Airways aircraft.
What happens if I leave something on the aircraft?
Please contact a RAK Airways representative at the airport and notify us.
Why can’t I take my falcon or pet on the flight with me?
Pets are not allowed inside the cabin. Please contact RAK Airways’ nearest office for more details.
Does RAK Airways allow powered wheelchairs onboard or in the aircraft hold?
RAK Airways does not support powered wheelchairs.
Flight Delays And Cancellations
What is RAK Airways’ procedure for delayed flights?
RAK Airways will take all reasonable and necessary measures to avoid any delay in delivering you and your baggage to your destination. In the exercise of these measures, and in order to prevent a flight cancellation, in exceptional circumstances we may arrange for a flight to be operated on our behalf by an alternative carrier and/or aircraft without, however, accepting the obligation to make such arrangement.
What is RAK Airways’ policy if a flight is cancelled?
If we cancel a flight due to be operated by us, fail to operate a flight reasonably according to the schedule, fail to stop at your destination or Stopover destination, or cause you to miss a connecting flight operated by us on which you hold a confirmed reservation, we shall, at your option, either:
- carry you and your baggage at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available in the class in which you were originally booked without additional charge
- within a reasonable period of time, re-route you and your baggage to the destination shown on your ticket by our own services, or those of another carrier without additional charge
Check in Procedures
What time should I be present at the check-in counters?
Our check-in counter open 3 hours prior to the flight departure time and closes one hour prior to departure.
Can I check in online?
Yes, you can check in online through our website.
Can I reserve seats when I check-in?
Seats can be reserved at the time of booking. RAK Airways do not guarantee that you will be able to reserve a seat at the check-in counter.
Information about traveling with infants, pregnant women and passengers with special needs
How does RAK Airways classify a passenger and an infant?
Passenger classifications are as follows:
- Infants from 2 weeks up to their 2nd birthday.
- Children from 2 years up to their 12th birthday.
- Adult from 13+ years.
What is RAK Airways’ policy regarding unaccompanied young passengers?
Children younger than 12 years old may only be accepted for travel when accompanied by a person above the age of 16.
What are the regulations for pregnant women traveling on RAK Airways?
RAK Airways accepts pregnant women up to the 34th week of pregnancy with a medical report, or up to the 27th week without a medical report. Please note than when travelling between 27-34 weeks, it is mandatory to produce a valid and up-to-date medical report from a qualified doctor to airport staff, confirming fitness to travel. Failure to produce the certificate may result in non-acceptance on the flight.
Can I take a stroller onboard the aircraft?
RAK Airways does not allow strollers onboard. However, strollers can be checked into the aircraft hold and delivered to the baggage belt at the arrival airport.
Can I request special assistance if I am a passenger with special needs?
Yes, you can request any of the services below:
- Wheelchair service
- Meet and assist
- Acceptance of blind passengers
- Acceptance of deaf passengers
Booking And Payment
How do I book my RAK Airways flight?
• Passengers can book online through www.rakairways.com
• Visit any of our RAK Airways Sales Offices or any RAK Airways Appointed Travel Agents
• Contact our Call Center at 07-2075000
What do I need to remember when making my flight booking?
A confirmation number and an itinerary receipt will be generated after a booking is made. You will need to present your confirmation number or itinerary receipt, which holds your flight details, upon check-in.
What add-on services can I purchase while booking my flight?
While booking a flight, passengers can avail our advance seat selection facility and limousine or shuttle services. Passengers can also choose to book additional car hire or a hotel stay.
Can I modify my existing booking, and/or change my reservation details (route, date and time)?
Booking modifications and payments are possible online through www.rakairways.com by calling the RAK Airways Call Centre / by visiting our Ticket Offices / by visiting any General Sales Agents.
How do I search for flights and fares?
We have a very user-friendly Internet booking engine. You simply need to choose desired dates and destinations from left side of the home page, and youll receive the flight information you need, along with the fare.
Are my booking and payments secured?
How do I know if my booking was successful?
After your payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email along with your e-ticket.
Can I change the name of a passenger in my booking?
A passenger name change is not permitted.
How do I pay for my flight booking?
Payment can be made through any of the many different payment channels offered by RAK Airways:
• By visiting www.rakairways.com
• By visiting RAK Airways Sales Offices / Airport Sales Office / Any Appointed Travel Agents
• By calling the RAK Airways Call Centre. which only accepts credit card payments over the phone.
Can I pay for a friend using my own credit card?
Yes, you can pay for your friend with your credit card through our website. The RAK Airways online booking facility does not require the credit card holder to be the passenger or a member of the travelling party. However, the following will be required:
1. The card holder must visit any RAK AIRWAYS offices along with the original Credit Card and valid PHOTO Identity card to verify the payment.
2. A copy of the credit card (both front and back), self-attested by the credit card holder should be produced at the time of Check In. In addition to this, it is also required to produce a letter, signed by the credit card holder, authorizing the use of the credit card for the purchase of the ticket. The letter should mention the name(s) of the passenger, date and destination. The original letter, along with the self-attested copy of the credit card and passport copy will have to be submitted at Check In counters.
RAK Airways reserves the right to cancel your booking and deny you the rights to board the flight if you do not comply with the verification process.
What is the maximum allowed (free) hand luggage size? What is the maximum allowed (free) checked bag size?
Each passenger is entitled to one piece of hand luggage, small enough to be placed inside the overhead compartment, as long as its size does not exceed 115 cm. (length + width + height) or 45 inches. The single piece of hand luggage should not weigh more than 7 kg. or 15 lbs. If these specifications are not met, the hand luggage will be checked in. Each passenger is also entitled to 30 kg or 66 lbs of checked baggage, with size not exceeding 160 cm. or 63 in.
What do I do if I have excess baggage?
Passengers will be charged for their excess baggage at a cost of AED 40 per extra kilo for any of the RAK Airways destinations. This extra cost will be paid at the airport upon check-in.
What are the items that I’m restricted from carrying in my bag?
ITEMS UNACCEPTABLE AS BAGGAGE AND FRAGILE/PERISHABLE ITEMS
1. You must not include in your Baggage:
1.1.1 Items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations, and in our regulations (further information is available from us on request);
1.1.2 Items the carriage of which is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state to be flown from or to;
1.1.3 Items which are reasonably considered by us to be unsuitable for carriage because they are dangerous or unsafe, or because of their weight, size, shape or character, or because they are fragile or perishable having regard to, among other things, the type of aircraft being used. Information about unacceptable items is available upon request.
2. Firearms (whether real, replica or toy), pellet guns, components of fire arms, and ammunition other than for hunting and sporting purposes are prohibited from carriage as Baggage. Firearms and ammunition for hunting and sporting purposes may be accepted at our sole discretion as Checked Baggage. Firearms must be unloaded, with the safety catch on, and suitably packed. Carriage of ammunition is subject to ICAO and IATA regulations as specified in Article 1.1.1.
3. Weapons such as antique firearms, swords, knives and similar items may be accepted as Checked Baggage, at our sole discretion, but will not be permitted in the cabin of the aircraft.
4. You must not include in Checked Baggage money, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, stored data, any medication or medical equipment which may be required in-flight or during your trip or which cannot be quickly replaced if lost or damaged, house or car keys, negotiable papers, securities or other valuable items or documents, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples.
5. You must not include in Checked Baggage any liquid of liquids with a quantity in each container must not exceed 100ml. The containers must be packed in a transparent, re-sealable plastic bag, of one liter capacity. Each passenger may carry only one such transparent plastic bag. The bag must be presented separately at security screening point for x-ray.
6. You must not include in Unchecked Baggage real, replica or toy weapons (plastic or metal), or any object which looks like a weapon or could reasonably be mistaken for a weapon, tradesman’s tools, ammunition, detonators, fuses, grenades, gas and gas containers such as butane, propane, acetylene, oxygen, explosives or anything which contains explosives, catapults, cross bows, harpoon and spear guns, stun or chocking devices such as prods, ballistic conducted energy weapons, lighters shaped like fire arms, fire works, flares and other pyrotechnics (including party poppers, festive crackers and toy caps), non-safety matches, smoke generating canisters or cartridges, flammable liquid fuel such as petrol/gasoline, diesel, lighter fuel, alcohol, ethanol, aerosol spray paint, turpentine and paint thinner, alcoholic beverages exceeding 70 by volume, acids and alkalis such as wet batteries that may spill, corrosive or bleaching substances such as mercury, chlorine, disabling or incapacitating sprays such as mace, pepper, tear gas, radioactive material such as medicinal or commercial isotopes, poisons, infections or hazardous biological material such as infected blood, bacteria and viruses, material capable of spontaneous ignition or combustion, fire extinguishers, darts, household cutlery, scissors, corkscrews, nail files, knives with blades of any length, knitting needles, paper knives, sporting bats and clubs, razor blades (except safety razors and accompanying cartridges), billiard, snooker or pool cues, hypodermic needles (except those required for medical reasons and accompanied by a medical certificate confirming the medical condition), hard sporting balls or martial arts devices.
7. You must not include in your Checked and Unchecked Baggage any other item which we specify from time to time in our Conditions of Carriage of Passengers and Baggage, Conditions of Ticket, regulations or notices.
8. If, despite being prohibited, any items referred to in Articles 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 are included in your Baggage, we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to such items.
9. It is recommended that fragile or perishables should not be included in your checked Baggage.
What do I do if my bag didn’t arrive the airport of my destination?
Report missing baggage to the lost and found department before clearing customs and leaving the arrivals hall. You will receive a reference number, which you can use to keep track of the status of your missing baggage until it is returned to you.